My Grandsons room has 2 large closets, while my Grandaughter has only 1.Closets are back to back. I would like to remove his door,and close in the plaster wall.The walls are plaster,can I use drywall? In Grandaughters room,would like to cut in a doorway in the plaster wall and add a new door. How do I go about doing this, never worked with old plaster/lath walls before?
I hope you get an answer to this because I have a wall that needs to be replaced in my living room. The previous owners cut a 8 ft square hole in my living room to open it up to the 4th bedroom. I'd like to close this wall off. Thanks.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight