The wooden cabinets in my kitchen have an orange tint to them. Not very attractive, in my opinion. I want to paint them, but have been told that painting them may decrease the re-sale value of the house. Anyone have any experience with this?
The orange tint you are seeing is a natural process for anything that has only a clear varnish on it,to strip this off is a big pain.If you want to paint over them you need to sand with 180 grit,and then use a zinser primer that is made to go over oil based products it is also made so you can paint with a latex paint if you want to.Im not sure of the name but any paint store will have it.Just let them know what your plans are otherwise they may hook you up with the wrong product.
wood floors - multiple species
Is it bad to do two brands/types of windows in home?...
Tracy kitchen sink and cabinets
removing paint from kitchen cabinets
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!