The wooden cabinets in my kitchen have an orange tint to them. Not very attractive, in my opinion. I want to paint them, but have been told that painting them may decrease the re-sale value of the house. Anyone have any experience with this?
The orange tint you are seeing is a natural process for anything that has only a clear varnish on it,to strip this off is a big pain.If you want to paint over them you need to sand with 180 grit,and then use a zinser primer that is made to go over oil based products it is also made so you can paint with a latex paint if you want to.Im not sure of the name but any paint store will have it.Just let them know what your plans are otherwise they may hook you up with the wrong product.
wood floors - multiple species
Is it bad to do two brands/types of windows in home?...
Tracy kitchen sink and cabinets
removing paint from kitchen cabinets
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!