the vertical blinds will only go down the track 1/4 of the way and then the rope becomes very hard to pull. it pulls so hard im afraid the whole track is going to come out of the wall. i cant manually move the blinds down the track either. we have 2 windows in our bedroom and the blinds on both windows are the same exact and the one on the other window works just fine. any ideas?
Are the blinds old?? Here is a trick for old blinds: usually the string gets a little ragged from all the friction. Pull the blinds up as much as you can then carefully run a cigarette lighter (lit) a couple of inches under the string and it singes the outside - - making it easier to go up and down.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!