the vertical blinds will only go down the track 1/4 of the way and then the rope becomes very hard to pull. it pulls so hard im afraid the whole track is going to come out of the wall. i cant manually move the blinds down the track either. we have 2 windows in our bedroom and the blinds on both windows are the same exact and the one on the other window works just fine. any ideas?
Are the blinds old?? Here is a trick for old blinds: usually the string gets a little ragged from all the friction. Pull the blinds up as much as you can then carefully run a cigarette lighter (lit) a couple of inches under the string and it singes the outside - - making it easier to go up and down.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight