the vertical blinds will only go down the track 1/4 of the way and then the rope becomes very hard to pull. it pulls so hard im afraid the whole track is going to come out of the wall. i cant manually move the blinds down the track either. we have 2 windows in our bedroom and the blinds on both windows are the same exact and the one on the other window works just fine. any ideas?
Are the blinds old?? Here is a trick for old blinds: usually the string gets a little ragged from all the friction. Pull the blinds up as much as you can then carefully run a cigarette lighter (lit) a couple of inches under the string and it singes the outside - - making it easier to go up and down.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!