I'm spending my 1st Christmas in our new home. Problem: The house has a stucco exterior, tile roof, and absolutely no eaves. How am I suppose to hang Christmas Lights? I don't want to drill into the stucco or do anything permanent that will end up looking odd after all the lights are down. Does anyone know of any products or have any solutions?
We have the same problem. We hot glued plastic light hooks to the metal flashing sticking out from under the tile shingles. In some areas where there was no exposed flashing, we found some gutter light hooks that slide onto the tiles and we were able to wedge them in place. Probably not a good solution for long term but seems to work for the few weeks before Christmas. Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!