looking for the best material that is inexpensive and will stand up to two kids, infant and toddler ages. We love granite but that is not in the budget right now.
What materials or products would you recommend. Thanks
I can't think of anything colder or more boring than stainless steel-that's what they use in institutions and prisons. It's certainly indestructible but that's about all it has going for it. If Corian is out of your budget range check out LG HI-MACS or Staron at kitchen dealers or home centers. Both are acrylic based solid surfaces made in South Korea, and are very competetivley priced. HI-MACS currently has a free sink program at ***** until Dec 15, 2004.
though it blocked out the store name but i will do a search on the names...i love Corian, my brother used to make corian and avinite countertops when he was alive, i think i spelt that right...but that is out of the budget for the moment. thank you
I will try again with the name to see if I can fool the censors. It's a home center starting with L and ending with S, 5 letters. Avonite and Corian will be similarly priced with HI-MACS and Staron somewhat lower. The Corian Select Series colors are also very competitive and sometimes you can find a free or low cost sink for it. HI-MACS has a 15 year installed and transferable warranty as opposed to 10 years on the other products.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!