looking for the best material that is inexpensive and will stand up to two kids, infant and toddler ages. We love granite but that is not in the budget right now.
What materials or products would you recommend. Thanks
I can't think of anything colder or more boring than stainless steel-that's what they use in institutions and prisons. It's certainly indestructible but that's about all it has going for it. If Corian is out of your budget range check out LG HI-MACS or Staron at kitchen dealers or home centers. Both are acrylic based solid surfaces made in South Korea, and are very competetivley priced. HI-MACS currently has a free sink program at ***** until Dec 15, 2004.
though it blocked out the store name but i will do a search on the names...i love Corian, my brother used to make corian and avinite countertops when he was alive, i think i spelt that right...but that is out of the budget for the moment. thank you
I will try again with the name to see if I can fool the censors. It's a home center starting with L and ending with S, 5 letters. Avonite and Corian will be similarly priced with HI-MACS and Staron somewhat lower. The Corian Select Series colors are also very competitive and sometimes you can find a free or low cost sink for it. HI-MACS has a 15 year installed and transferable warranty as opposed to 10 years on the other products.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!