looking for the best material that is inexpensive and will stand up to two kids, infant and toddler ages. We love granite but that is not in the budget right now.
What materials or products would you recommend. Thanks
I can't think of anything colder or more boring than stainless steel-that's what they use in institutions and prisons. It's certainly indestructible but that's about all it has going for it. If Corian is out of your budget range check out LG HI-MACS or Staron at kitchen dealers or home centers. Both are acrylic based solid surfaces made in South Korea, and are very competetivley priced. HI-MACS currently has a free sink program at ***** until Dec 15, 2004.
though it blocked out the store name but i will do a search on the names...i love Corian, my brother used to make corian and avinite countertops when he was alive, i think i spelt that right...but that is out of the budget for the moment. thank you
I will try again with the name to see if I can fool the censors. It's a home center starting with L and ending with S, 5 letters. Avonite and Corian will be similarly priced with HI-MACS and Staron somewhat lower. The Corian Select Series colors are also very competitive and sometimes you can find a free or low cost sink for it. HI-MACS has a 15 year installed and transferable warranty as opposed to 10 years on the other products.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes