Our back entry/laundry room is approximately 8 feet square and has a metal chimney coming up through the floor in one corner. We cannot move the chimney, as there is no other place to put it, and it is located too close to our dryer to build a faux wall around it. Does anyone have any ideas about how to cover it up so it is not so imposing, intrusive and just plain dorky looking, but will still not burn my house down?
How about painting it with fire retardent paint (similar to the paint used around fireplaces). It can probably be color matched to the walls, which will help it "disappear" into the wall.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!