I chose a yellow paint for the kitchen that is way too bright and bold. Is there anything I can paint over it to tone it down or should I prime and paint again?
Yellow is definately one of the hardest colors to get right. I suggest that you choose another color. Instead of going to the bright yellows, look at Benjamin Moore: HC-30 Philadelphia Cream, HC36, Hepplewhite Ivory (or some of the other colors on this color card). These are much softer yellows, almost butter yellow and will be much more soothing on the eye, but still nice and bright in the kitchen. Try painting a small piece of drywall and look at it before putting it on the wall. But don't look at it next to your bright yellow, it will distort the color!
Good luck :)
Good luck :)
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide