I'm remodeling my kitchen and restoring it back to the 1940's. My home was built in 1942 and I guess I'm a throwback to the era ... LOL.
I cannot find a single thing online with a visual model of a 1940's kitchen and need help as to what colors were most popular. Also I need pics of vintage appliances.
I recently bought a canister set from the 40's and it was bright red strawberries and green leaf's. You might want to check out the antique stores and also flea markets. At least you could get an idea of the types of appliances and accessories that were used in the 40's
Wedgewood Stove book/manual ?
Compact Dishwasher from one of the shows
Where can I find 1940's kitchen wallpaper designs?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects