Large bedroom with high wooden steeple type ceiling painted white, white floor tiles, white windows and white bi-fold closet doors. King size mahogany 4-post bed, mahogany rocking chair, tall mahogany standing mirror, dark (Teak I think) bedside tables and possible tall dark colour bookshelf to come. Walls are currently a pale yellow which I would like to change. Curtains and bedspread still to get.
I'm think of painting the walls a sage green or similiar or maybe even a terracotta. Any ideas? Something bold but not bright. The white ceiling and floor makes it difficult to choose the right colour.
The best sage green I know is Benjamin Moore's "Dry Sage". I've used it in several client's homes, always to rave reviews. You will have no problem finding bedding and window treatments, because sage green is still very popular.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!