Large bedroom with high wooden steeple type ceiling painted white, white floor tiles, white windows and white bi-fold closet doors. King size mahogany 4-post bed, mahogany rocking chair, tall mahogany standing mirror, dark (Teak I think) bedside tables and possible tall dark colour bookshelf to come. Walls are currently a pale yellow which I would like to change. Curtains and bedspread still to get.
I'm think of painting the walls a sage green or similiar or maybe even a terracotta. Any ideas? Something bold but not bright. The white ceiling and floor makes it difficult to choose the right colour.
The best sage green I know is Benjamin Moore's "Dry Sage". I've used it in several client's homes, always to rave reviews. You will have no problem finding bedding and window treatments, because sage green is still very popular.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide