Large bedroom with high wooden steeple type ceiling painted white, white floor tiles, white windows and white bi-fold closet doors. King size mahogany 4-post bed, mahogany rocking chair, tall mahogany standing mirror, dark (Teak I think) bedside tables and possible tall dark colour bookshelf to come. Walls are currently a pale yellow which I would like to change. Curtains and bedspread still to get.
I'm think of painting the walls a sage green or similiar or maybe even a terracotta. Any ideas? Something bold but not bright. The white ceiling and floor makes it difficult to choose the right colour.
The best sage green I know is Benjamin Moore's "Dry Sage". I've used it in several client's homes, always to rave reviews. You will have no problem finding bedding and window treatments, because sage green is still very popular.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!