Large bedroom with high wooden steeple type ceiling painted white, white floor tiles, white windows and white bi-fold closet doors. King size mahogany 4-post bed, mahogany rocking chair, tall mahogany standing mirror, dark (Teak I think) bedside tables and possible tall dark colour bookshelf to come. Walls are currently a pale yellow which I would like to change. Curtains and bedspread still to get.
I'm think of painting the walls a sage green or similiar or maybe even a terracotta. Any ideas? Something bold but not bright. The white ceiling and floor makes it difficult to choose the right colour.
The best sage green I know is Benjamin Moore's "Dry Sage". I've used it in several client's homes, always to rave reviews. You will have no problem finding bedding and window treatments, because sage green is still very popular.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING