Large bedroom with high wooden steeple type ceiling painted white, white floor tiles, white windows and white bi-fold closet doors. King size mahogany 4-post bed, mahogany rocking chair, tall mahogany standing mirror, dark (Teak I think) bedside tables and possible tall dark colour bookshelf to come. Walls are currently a pale yellow which I would like to change. Curtains and bedspread still to get.
I'm think of painting the walls a sage green or similiar or maybe even a terracotta. Any ideas? Something bold but not bright. The white ceiling and floor makes it difficult to choose the right colour.
The best sage green I know is Benjamin Moore's "Dry Sage". I've used it in several client's homes, always to rave reviews. You will have no problem finding bedding and window treatments, because sage green is still very popular.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes