I have painted my bedroom a dark caramel color. There are two windows, the carpet is an older multicolor with a rust color as dominant. What colors would look best for window treatments and bedding? I am also making my own padded headboard for the bed and would like suggestions on colors and patterns.
I recently redecorated my bedroom also. I found that the first thing you should do is find a fabric with a print pattern and colors that you like. It should have a little of the caramel and rust tones in it, but should also include a lighter color. I didn't pad my headboard, but I did pad the frame around a large mirror over the dresser and also used the fabric for curtains. I really pulls the whole room together.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!