I have painted my bedroom a dark caramel color. There are two windows, the carpet is an older multicolor with a rust color as dominant. What colors would look best for window treatments and bedding? I am also making my own padded headboard for the bed and would like suggestions on colors and patterns.
I recently redecorated my bedroom also. I found that the first thing you should do is find a fabric with a print pattern and colors that you like. It should have a little of the caramel and rust tones in it, but should also include a lighter color. I didn't pad my headboard, but I did pad the frame around a large mirror over the dresser and also used the fabric for curtains. I really pulls the whole room together.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight