Hello, i'm making a 9 rectangle hole picture frame to hold 9 baseball cards. i have cut out the 9 rectangles and used a rabbit router bit with a bearing 1/8th less then the bit to make the indent for the card holder. the problem is that the corners are still rounded. i need to make them square. the piece of wood is 3/4 in. thick and the rabit depth is about 1/2 in. i don't have a mortising machine. is there a tool like a mortising bit that will square up the corner. A chesel seems to want to crack the 1/4 in. good side. Any help please.
Try going with the grain, rather than pushing down from the top, turn the chisel parallel with the frame, and they have to be razor sharp. Look at the chisel end under a light, if you can see a reflection of light it needs to be honed.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes