Painting a feature wall
How do I paint a feature wall with different paint (e.g. red color; and the remaining of the house is white) without damaging the paint on the side walls (see the desired result I wanted at:
I tried to use sticky tape; but could not manage to get a good job.
Can you believe that I worked in a paint store for almost 6 years and I have the exact same problem with the tape. I have a fool proof way of achieving the perfect seam between walls without the hassle! It is simple. Paint your usual method as close as possible to the edges. Purchase a small artists brush and finish off the edges. It will take you a little extra time to complete the job but I can guarantee you it is worth it. And make sure that you don't skimp on the artists brush. Buy a decent quality brush so that the bristles lie straight. I prefer a 1 inch brush. Good luck!
paint the lightest colour first have it run slightly over where the new colour is going to start then apply your tape after it has dried for 24 hours. Then paint along the tape with the lightest colour this will seal the tape line and stop any bleeding. then apply your next colour. When you peel the tape off there will be no paint bleeding it works great I used this for colour blocking my wall and painting lines etc. works like a dream every time...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes