I am going to tile a backsplash in my kitchen.
I want to take a trim piece of ceramic tile, score a linear design with a rototool, then paint within this line. Having this line a bit raised would be great but not necessary.
My questions are
- what type of paint would work for this application?
- does the surface which I expose by scoring need to be primed?
- does it then need to be sealed? If so, with what?
- if it needs to be sealed, would I need to seal the entire tile or just the repainted area?
Tiling a kitchen backsplash with glass mosaic tiles
Boiling oil and steam proof tile?
kitchen tile backsplash
Plastic wall tile
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!