While in Savannah, I came across this fabulous doorway:
(nothing for sale at this site)
Now while this is too elaborate for most of us, there are wonderful ideas here. Note the balance and interesting shape of the topiaries to frame the door. The liberal use of moldings and corbels create a visual richness. The flag adds a splash of accent color.
The beautifully shaped door and glass serve as the focal point of this grand home, inviting you to enter. Choosing one or two of these elements can add elegance and style to your own entryway.
I'd love to know what you think.
To Delightful Decorating,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!