I noticed some people with some questions on this forum about stone vessel sinks and vessel sink care, our company provides vessel sinks made out of stone, copper and wood, and just wanted to share some care instruction information:
Due to the porous nature of natural stone certain substances can stain your Serenity stone vessel sink, stone sinks can also absorb moisture if they are not properly protected. Polished surfaces are much less porous while unpolished surfaces are more porous, making them susceptible to staining and moisture absorption. We recommend that you wipe up spills immediately and do not allow surface deposits of water bi-products such as calcium, salt, lime or detergents to build up on your stone sink. Serenity stone vessel sinks should be cleaned regularly by using a soft cloth or a sponge with a solution of a non-abrasive light neutral detergent (PH7) as well as warm water. Make sure that you thoroughly rinse and dry the stone sink after cleaning.
We recommend that you use a professional stone cleaner solution which can be purchased from a local hardware store. DO NOT use any acidic tub and tile cleaners, toilet bowl cleaners, ammonia, abrasive or soft paste cleaners, vinegar, alcohol, window cleaners or lemon juice. In addition DO NOT use abrasive cleaning pads such as steel wool, metal brushes or scouring powders.
Hand polish your stone sink periodically for the best glossy shine. Stone polishing pads and products can be purchased from your local hardware store. Finally, stone sinks require special care to maintain their natural beauty, use a stone sealer at least once a year and follow the instructions provided. Stone sealer products can be purchased from your local hardware store.
If anyone else has questions about caring for vessel sinks please let me know!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!