I noticed some people with some questions on this forum about stone vessel sinks and vessel sink care, our company provides vessel sinks made out of stone, copper and wood, and just wanted to share some care instruction information:
Due to the porous nature of natural stone certain substances can stain your Serenity stone vessel sink, stone sinks can also absorb moisture if they are not properly protected. Polished surfaces are much less porous while unpolished surfaces are more porous, making them susceptible to staining and moisture absorption. We recommend that you wipe up spills immediately and do not allow surface deposits of water bi-products such as calcium, salt, lime or detergents to build up on your stone sink. Serenity stone vessel sinks should be cleaned regularly by using a soft cloth or a sponge with a solution of a non-abrasive light neutral detergent (PH7) as well as warm water. Make sure that you thoroughly rinse and dry the stone sink after cleaning.
We recommend that you use a professional stone cleaner solution which can be purchased from a local hardware store. DO NOT use any acidic tub and tile cleaners, toilet bowl cleaners, ammonia, abrasive or soft paste cleaners, vinegar, alcohol, window cleaners or lemon juice. In addition DO NOT use abrasive cleaning pads such as steel wool, metal brushes or scouring powders.
Hand polish your stone sink periodically for the best glossy shine. Stone polishing pads and products can be purchased from your local hardware store. Finally, stone sinks require special care to maintain their natural beauty, use a stone sealer at least once a year and follow the instructions provided. Stone sealer products can be purchased from your local hardware store.
If anyone else has questions about caring for vessel sinks please let me know!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!