I would like to make my own mosaic tile kitchen table. I found the mosaic tiles and I'm pretty sure I can get an iron base made. The parts I'm having trouble locating are the table top that I can place the tiles on. Can I just use a round piece of wood or do I need a special backerboard like you use for flooring tile? Also, I would like the table top to be surrounded by an iron trim. Would I need to have the entire iron base and trim first made then look into getting the top to put the tiles on it?
Sorry for being so vague and for making such a tall request. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight