Recently we painted our master bedroom walls with Benjamin Moore Soft Pumpkin. The master bedroom is very large and as a result this has become very warm color throughout. Any ideas to muten the color to provide a more tranquil settings.
Obviously we could repaint it. But I am thinking about repainting two sides with different shade. What color could balance the orange soft pumpkin?
Also what kind of furniture, lighting, curtains will soften the color and make it look nicer. I love the color but its too much.
I would try a glaze over the paint as it will tone it down. I love the soft pumpkin family and would put tan/grey/gold/and or a barn red with it.
I'm a big fan of alternating wall colors. You might think about changing one or two walls to a softer gold color to break it up a bit.
I'd also like to add that color coordinating your furnishings also helps draw the room together. We have alternating wall colors in our bedroom, and had some custom bedding made to compliment both colors. It's amazing how something so small can make such an impact in a room.
I suggest you to go with Grey or navy blue. Choose the color that you like most. I have a soft pumpkin accent wall in my bedroom, and gray-blue bedding and the orange set would mix in well and tie the room together.
I think browns and creams will liven it up and make it more comfortable. With that color you have to be careful not to use too much lighting because it looks awkward and too low would make it depressing.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Plant Containers to Make with Everyday Items
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Easy Ways to Revitalize Outdoor Furniture
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda