Recently we painted our master bedroom walls with Benjamin Moore Soft Pumpkin. The master bedroom is very large and as a result this has become very warm color throughout. Any ideas to muten the color to provide a more tranquil settings.
Obviously we could repaint it. But I am thinking about repainting two sides with different shade. What color could balance the orange soft pumpkin?
Also what kind of furniture, lighting, curtains will soften the color and make it look nicer. I love the color but its too much.
I would try a glaze over the paint as it will tone it down. I love the soft pumpkin family and would put tan/grey/gold/and or a barn red with it.
I'm a big fan of alternating wall colors. You might think about changing one or two walls to a softer gold color to break it up a bit.
I'd also like to add that color coordinating your furnishings also helps draw the room together. We have alternating wall colors in our bedroom, and had some custom bedding made to compliment both colors. It's amazing how something so small can make such an impact in a room.
You might need some furnishing, which make your bedroom more attractive. Lovemyhome.net helps you to renovate your bedroom with modern trends mixing with soft pumpkin in bedroom walls. I hope you like it.
I suggest you to go with Grey or navy blue. Choose the color that you like most. I have a soft pumpkin accent wall in my bedroom, and gray-blue bedding and the orange set would mix in well and tie the room together.
I think browns and creams will liven it up and make it more comfortable. With that color you have to be careful not to use too much lighting because it looks awkward and too low would make it depressing.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!