Recently we painted our master bedroom walls with Benjamin Moore Soft Pumpkin. The master bedroom is very large and as a result this has become very warm color throughout. Any ideas to muten the color to provide a more tranquil settings.
Obviously we could repaint it. But I am thinking about repainting two sides with different shade. What color could balance the orange soft pumpkin?
Also what kind of furniture, lighting, curtains will soften the color and make it look nicer. I love the color but its too much.
I would try a glaze over the paint as it will tone it down. I love the soft pumpkin family and would put tan/grey/gold/and or a barn red with it.
I'm a big fan of alternating wall colors. You might think about changing one or two walls to a softer gold color to break it up a bit.
I'd also like to add that color coordinating your furnishings also helps draw the room together. We have alternating wall colors in our bedroom, and had some custom bedding made to compliment both colors. It's amazing how something so small can make such an impact in a room.
I suggest you to go with Grey or navy blue. Choose the color that you like most. I have a soft pumpkin accent wall in my bedroom, and gray-blue bedding and the orange set would mix in well and tie the room together.
I think browns and creams will liven it up and make it more comfortable. With that color you have to be careful not to use too much lighting because it looks awkward and too low would make it depressing.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps