Recently we painted our master bedroom walls with Benjamin Moore Soft Pumpkin. The master bedroom is very large and as a result this has become very warm color throughout. Any ideas to muten the color to provide a more tranquil settings.
Obviously we could repaint it. But I am thinking about repainting two sides with different shade. What color could balance the orange soft pumpkin?
Also what kind of furniture, lighting, curtains will soften the color and make it look nicer. I love the color but its too much.
I would try a glaze over the paint as it will tone it down. I love the soft pumpkin family and would put tan/grey/gold/and or a barn red with it.
I'm a big fan of alternating wall colors. You might think about changing one or two walls to a softer gold color to break it up a bit.
I'd also like to add that color coordinating your furnishings also helps draw the room together. We have alternating wall colors in our bedroom, and had some custom bedding made to compliment both colors. It's amazing how something so small can make such an impact in a room.
You might need some furnishing, which make your bedroom more attractive. Lovemyhome.net helps you to renovate your bedroom with modern trends mixing with soft pumpkin in bedroom walls. I hope you like it.
I suggest you to go with Grey or navy blue. Choose the color that you like most. I have a soft pumpkin accent wall in my bedroom, and gray-blue bedding and the orange set would mix in well and tie the room together.
I think browns and creams will liven it up and make it more comfortable. With that color you have to be careful not to use too much lighting because it looks awkward and too low would make it depressing.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects