Recently we painted our master bedroom walls with Benjamin Moore Soft Pumpkin. The master bedroom is very large and as a result this has become very warm color throughout. Any ideas to muten the color to provide a more tranquil settings.
Obviously we could repaint it. But I am thinking about repainting two sides with different shade. What color could balance the orange soft pumpkin?
Also what kind of furniture, lighting, curtains will soften the color and make it look nicer. I love the color but its too much.
I would try a glaze over the paint as it will tone it down. I love the soft pumpkin family and would put tan/grey/gold/and or a barn red with it.
I'm a big fan of alternating wall colors. You might think about changing one or two walls to a softer gold color to break it up a bit.
I'd also like to add that color coordinating your furnishings also helps draw the room together. We have alternating wall colors in our bedroom, and had some custom bedding made to compliment both colors. It's amazing how something so small can make such an impact in a room.
I suggest you to go with Grey or navy blue. Choose the color that you like most. I have a soft pumpkin accent wall in my bedroom, and gray-blue bedding and the orange set would mix in well and tie the room together.
I think browns and creams will liven it up and make it more comfortable. With that color you have to be careful not to use too much lighting because it looks awkward and too low would make it depressing.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight