I have lost the hidden mounting bracket part that screws to the wall for a towel bar that I want to mount. Is there some place to find replacements?
C L Ballou
Add another one to the list of people looking for a replacement for a towel bar hidden mounting plate (or bracket). My towel bar uses a mounting plate that is 2 1/4" tall, 1 1/8" wide, and the top and bottom edges are angled away from the wall by 3/16". If anyone knows where I can find one (no, the big box stores don't have them), please let me know (galasva at yahoo). Thanks!
Do this by holding the new towel bar up to the wall and making a pencil mark where the screws will be for a screw-mounted bar.
Found this thread while looking for replacement wall brackets myself. I eventually found them here.
good luck :)
good luck :)
http://www.homefixitparts.com/showparts.php?dept=Plumbing&cat=Bathroom%20Accessories&subcat=Mounting%20Brackets They have the needede brackets.
should the screw that holds the towel bar to the bracket be on top or on the bottom I have a difficult time keeping the towel bar tight on the bracket
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them