best way to put in a driveway
I laid down geotextile fabric ST 315(road fabric) and put road stone on it. I ordered stone as such "1 inch with fines" The fines are the dust that work into the fabric and stiffen it.
The fabric comes in various widths and lengths. I ended up buying a 17 foot roll and cut it in half, to make it 8.5 feet wide. Then I had the rock laid to make my road about 10 feet wide. If you want a wider road you can buy 9 foot wide or wider, but they didn't have it in stock when I needed it so I improvised. Make sure you cover all the fabric, equipment such as plows will snag it and make holes causing rock to sink into the dirt below.
The fabric replaces the 3 inch road stone base that people will tell you you need. Costs are about the same for the fabric or the 3 inch base rock. The fabric makes a nicer road.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING