best way to put in a driveway
I laid down geotextile fabric ST 315(road fabric) and put road stone on it. I ordered stone as such "1 inch with fines" The fines are the dust that work into the fabric and stiffen it.
The fabric comes in various widths and lengths. I ended up buying a 17 foot roll and cut it in half, to make it 8.5 feet wide. Then I had the rock laid to make my road about 10 feet wide. If you want a wider road you can buy 9 foot wide or wider, but they didn't have it in stock when I needed it so I improvised. Make sure you cover all the fabric, equipment such as plows will snag it and make holes causing rock to sink into the dirt below.
The fabric replaces the 3 inch road stone base that people will tell you you need. Costs are about the same for the fabric or the 3 inch base rock. The fabric makes a nicer road.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects