best way to put in a driveway
I laid down geotextile fabric ST 315(road fabric) and put road stone on it. I ordered stone as such "1 inch with fines" The fines are the dust that work into the fabric and stiffen it.
The fabric comes in various widths and lengths. I ended up buying a 17 foot roll and cut it in half, to make it 8.5 feet wide. Then I had the rock laid to make my road about 10 feet wide. If you want a wider road you can buy 9 foot wide or wider, but they didn't have it in stock when I needed it so I improvised. Make sure you cover all the fabric, equipment such as plows will snag it and make holes causing rock to sink into the dirt below.
The fabric replaces the 3 inch road stone base that people will tell you you need. Costs are about the same for the fabric or the 3 inch base rock. The fabric makes a nicer road.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!