best way to put in a driveway
I laid down geotextile fabric ST 315(road fabric) and put road stone on it. I ordered stone as such "1 inch with fines" The fines are the dust that work into the fabric and stiffen it.
The fabric comes in various widths and lengths. I ended up buying a 17 foot roll and cut it in half, to make it 8.5 feet wide. Then I had the rock laid to make my road about 10 feet wide. If you want a wider road you can buy 9 foot wide or wider, but they didn't have it in stock when I needed it so I improvised. Make sure you cover all the fabric, equipment such as plows will snag it and make holes causing rock to sink into the dirt below.
The fabric replaces the 3 inch road stone base that people will tell you you need. Costs are about the same for the fabric or the 3 inch base rock. The fabric makes a nicer road.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!