best way to put in a driveway
I laid down geotextile fabric ST 315(road fabric) and put road stone on it. I ordered stone as such "1 inch with fines" The fines are the dust that work into the fabric and stiffen it.
The fabric comes in various widths and lengths. I ended up buying a 17 foot roll and cut it in half, to make it 8.5 feet wide. Then I had the rock laid to make my road about 10 feet wide. If you want a wider road you can buy 9 foot wide or wider, but they didn't have it in stock when I needed it so I improvised. Make sure you cover all the fabric, equipment such as plows will snag it and make holes causing rock to sink into the dirt below.
The fabric replaces the 3 inch road stone base that people will tell you you need. Costs are about the same for the fabric or the 3 inch base rock. The fabric makes a nicer road.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love