1. take off cover to opener (don't go further if you can't get past this)
2. Loosen tension on chain. Above door, loosen the 2 bolts that tension the pulley and inch or so.
3. take off 2 of the motor support nuts on just one side and let the motor hang on the bolts one the other side, you can now get wrench in to remove the nut above the motor inside the housing. Put the 2 motor mount nuts back on and move to the other side and do the same thing to remove the nut above the motor on the other side. Leave the motor hanging so the shaft is not engaged with the sprocket. Remove the bolts you took the nuts off of that secure the bracket on top of the rail.
4. Loosen the side nuts on the rail that secure the front of the bracket that hold the sprocket down.
5. I removed the wing nuts and spring off of the bolts on either side of the rail and slid the bolt heads down below the piece they stick up through.
6. Slide the bracket back that is on top of the sprocket. Once it is lifted off, with some twisting the top metal piece will come off and you can slide the chain off and remove the sprocket.
This info comes with no warranty and all that, I am nobody who knows nothing and not a professional by any means. I drink beer on the job. Good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers