1. take off cover to opener (don't go further if you can't get past this)
2. Loosen tension on chain. Above door, loosen the 2 bolts that tension the pulley and inch or so.
3. take off 2 of the motor support nuts on just one side and let the motor hang on the bolts one the other side, you can now get wrench in to remove the nut above the motor inside the housing. Put the 2 motor mount nuts back on and move to the other side and do the same thing to remove the nut above the motor on the other side. Leave the motor hanging so the shaft is not engaged with the sprocket. Remove the bolts you took the nuts off of that secure the bracket on top of the rail.
4. Loosen the side nuts on the rail that secure the front of the bracket that hold the sprocket down.
5. I removed the wing nuts and spring off of the bolts on either side of the rail and slid the bolt heads down below the piece they stick up through.
6. Slide the bracket back that is on top of the sprocket. Once it is lifted off, with some twisting the top metal piece will come off and you can slide the chain off and remove the sprocket.
This info comes with no warranty and all that, I am nobody who knows nothing and not a professional by any means. I drink beer on the job. Good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps