1. take off cover to opener (don't go further if you can't get past this)
2. Loosen tension on chain. Above door, loosen the 2 bolts that tension the pulley and inch or so.
3. take off 2 of the motor support nuts on just one side and let the motor hang on the bolts one the other side, you can now get wrench in to remove the nut above the motor inside the housing. Put the 2 motor mount nuts back on and move to the other side and do the same thing to remove the nut above the motor on the other side. Leave the motor hanging so the shaft is not engaged with the sprocket. Remove the bolts you took the nuts off of that secure the bracket on top of the rail.
4. Loosen the side nuts on the rail that secure the front of the bracket that hold the sprocket down.
5. I removed the wing nuts and spring off of the bolts on either side of the rail and slid the bolt heads down below the piece they stick up through.
6. Slide the bracket back that is on top of the sprocket. Once it is lifted off, with some twisting the top metal piece will come off and you can slide the chain off and remove the sprocket.
This info comes with no warranty and all that, I am nobody who knows nothing and not a professional by any means. I drink beer on the job. Good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?