I am trying to locate a source for 25mm/1" flexible copper stripping, sold by the foot/meter. I don't need huge quantities at a time, maybe 3-10 meters at most. Also, it must be flexible to go around a rounded surface, like the edge to a round of MDF.
I have found a source in England, but exchange rates, phone calls, and shipping make it very pricey. Does anyone know where I can find it in the US? I looked on some wholesale manufacturing site, but I don't know the lingo well enough to order. Plus their quantities are probably too big.
Alternatively, can I cut copper flashing (sold by 8in x 20ft panels) into 1 inch strips with any accuracy? How would I do it? With what tools?
Thank you for your help!
depending on the thickness of the copper, there are several ways to cut it. for very thin sheet copper, use a metal straight edge and a bok knofe to deeply score the copper and then flex alont the score to break it. for thicker stock, scribe the cut line then use tin snipes cutting not more than 1/2 inch at a time using the very tips of the shears along the scribe line. also for thin stock in shorter lengths, a paper cutter wooks good if it is sharp. a plumbing supply house is a posible source of narrow copper as it is used for strapping copper pipes by some plumbers.
Thank you so much. Your answer was very helpful. One last question: Is there any way to treat the cut edge, which must be very sharp, or possibly jagged, after cut?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight