I am trying to locate a source for 25mm/1" flexible copper stripping, sold by the foot/meter. I don't need huge quantities at a time, maybe 3-10 meters at most. Also, it must be flexible to go around a rounded surface, like the edge to a round of MDF.
I have found a source in England, but exchange rates, phone calls, and shipping make it very pricey. Does anyone know where I can find it in the US? I looked on some wholesale manufacturing site, but I don't know the lingo well enough to order. Plus their quantities are probably too big.
Alternatively, can I cut copper flashing (sold by 8in x 20ft panels) into 1 inch strips with any accuracy? How would I do it? With what tools?
Thank you for your help!
depending on the thickness of the copper, there are several ways to cut it. for very thin sheet copper, use a metal straight edge and a bok knofe to deeply score the copper and then flex alont the score to break it. for thicker stock, scribe the cut line then use tin snipes cutting not more than 1/2 inch at a time using the very tips of the shears along the scribe line. also for thin stock in shorter lengths, a paper cutter wooks good if it is sharp. a plumbing supply house is a posible source of narrow copper as it is used for strapping copper pipes by some plumbers.
Thank you so much. Your answer was very helpful. One last question: Is there any way to treat the cut edge, which must be very sharp, or possibly jagged, after cut?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs