I am trying to locate a source for 25mm/1" flexible copper stripping, sold by the foot/meter. I don't need huge quantities at a time, maybe 3-10 meters at most. Also, it must be flexible to go around a rounded surface, like the edge to a round of MDF.
I have found a source in England, but exchange rates, phone calls, and shipping make it very pricey. Does anyone know where I can find it in the US? I looked on some wholesale manufacturing site, but I don't know the lingo well enough to order. Plus their quantities are probably too big.
Alternatively, can I cut copper flashing (sold by 8in x 20ft panels) into 1 inch strips with any accuracy? How would I do it? With what tools?
Thank you for your help!
depending on the thickness of the copper, there are several ways to cut it. for very thin sheet copper, use a metal straight edge and a bok knofe to deeply score the copper and then flex alont the score to break it. for thicker stock, scribe the cut line then use tin snipes cutting not more than 1/2 inch at a time using the very tips of the shears along the scribe line. also for thin stock in shorter lengths, a paper cutter wooks good if it is sharp. a plumbing supply house is a posible source of narrow copper as it is used for strapping copper pipes by some plumbers.
Thank you so much. Your answer was very helpful. One last question: Is there any way to treat the cut edge, which must be very sharp, or possibly jagged, after cut?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!