I am trying to locate a source for 25mm/1" flexible copper stripping, sold by the foot/meter. I don't need huge quantities at a time, maybe 3-10 meters at most. Also, it must be flexible to go around a rounded surface, like the edge to a round of MDF.
I have found a source in England, but exchange rates, phone calls, and shipping make it very pricey. Does anyone know where I can find it in the US? I looked on some wholesale manufacturing site, but I don't know the lingo well enough to order. Plus their quantities are probably too big.
Alternatively, can I cut copper flashing (sold by 8in x 20ft panels) into 1 inch strips with any accuracy? How would I do it? With what tools?
Thank you for your help!
depending on the thickness of the copper, there are several ways to cut it. for very thin sheet copper, use a metal straight edge and a bok knofe to deeply score the copper and then flex alont the score to break it. for thicker stock, scribe the cut line then use tin snipes cutting not more than 1/2 inch at a time using the very tips of the shears along the scribe line. also for thin stock in shorter lengths, a paper cutter wooks good if it is sharp. a plumbing supply house is a posible source of narrow copper as it is used for strapping copper pipes by some plumbers.
Thank you so much. Your answer was very helpful. One last question: Is there any way to treat the cut edge, which must be very sharp, or possibly jagged, after cut?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!