I am trying to locate a source for 25mm/1" flexible copper stripping, sold by the foot/meter. I don't need huge quantities at a time, maybe 3-10 meters at most. Also, it must be flexible to go around a rounded surface, like the edge to a round of MDF.
I have found a source in England, but exchange rates, phone calls, and shipping make it very pricey. Does anyone know where I can find it in the US? I looked on some wholesale manufacturing site, but I don't know the lingo well enough to order. Plus their quantities are probably too big.
Alternatively, can I cut copper flashing (sold by 8in x 20ft panels) into 1 inch strips with any accuracy? How would I do it? With what tools?
Thank you for your help!
depending on the thickness of the copper, there are several ways to cut it. for very thin sheet copper, use a metal straight edge and a bok knofe to deeply score the copper and then flex alont the score to break it. for thicker stock, scribe the cut line then use tin snipes cutting not more than 1/2 inch at a time using the very tips of the shears along the scribe line. also for thin stock in shorter lengths, a paper cutter wooks good if it is sharp. a plumbing supply house is a posible source of narrow copper as it is used for strapping copper pipes by some plumbers.
Thank you so much. Your answer was very helpful. One last question: Is there any way to treat the cut edge, which must be very sharp, or possibly jagged, after cut?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects