I recently was given a friends old Craftsman Eager-1 6.5 mower that she admits doesn't work but if I like to tinker I could have it. I just moved into a house, needed a mower and figured what the heck, Craftsman is a good name. Well I Google the model number as well as looked on the ***** website, and it this particular model come up nowhere.
After some searching on various forums there seems to be an issue with the availabilty of parts? and a touchy engine. Just wondering if this is going to be more trouble than it is worth and I should just start out the house with a new mower.
I went to a local lawn mower shop and got the frown on fixin it. It is the Craftsman Eager-1 (year?) the deck has a model #917 376340 the engine has a engine# 143966500 yet the 'engine family' is left blank therefore I couldn't tell the fixit guy whether it was a Tecumse or Briggs. Need basically a pull cord, filters just to see if it works. Any feedback would be appreciated, the new lawn is gettin a bit outta hand :).
your mower has a Tecumse engine. both the owners manual and the starter assembly are available form the S ears parts store. You can also use a length of cotton clothsline to replace the pull rope.
the cord is attached, it just doesn't recoil when pulled. The thing was when I entered the model number on the S Ears website as well as C rafts Man web site, the model number doesn't bring up any info. Thanks for the ID on the engine though. I'll head over to the store fri and see what they have.
When I went to S ears website and entered your model number with the period 917.376340 it immediately recognized the model number and gave me three separate parts lists. I worked at S ears service long ago and just happened to know that's the format of their model numbers. Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects