The pull cord on my mower, as well as the housing it goes into, is damaged beyond repair. While we were moving, something knocked over in the truck, and crushed the housing piece. I got the engine started using a cord wrapped around the metal piece, so I know the engine and everything else is okay.
I got on Sears.Com, and entered in my mower's model number, and it does not show that piece, it only shows that I can purchase the complete engine. The model # is 917.382721
Any help finding this part would be much appreciated.
most likely the craftsman mower has an engine from another company like Tecumseh or Honda. I would find the serial number and model number off of the mower engine itself and talk with your local Tru-Value or other hardware stores that do repairs to order the parts. There is a good chance that the starter has a generic shaft on it that they will have it in stock. You may find an electric start option also. My mother needs that in her old age.
Gas in push mower oil tank
Craftman Lawn Mower Start up Problem
Riding mower won't start
NEEDED Manual for a Craftsman 536-82564 snowblower
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!