The pull cord on my mower, as well as the housing it goes into, is damaged beyond repair. While we were moving, something knocked over in the truck, and crushed the housing piece. I got the engine started using a cord wrapped around the metal piece, so I know the engine and everything else is okay.
I got on Sears.Com, and entered in my mower's model number, and it does not show that piece, it only shows that I can purchase the complete engine. The model # is 917.382721
Any help finding this part would be much appreciated.
most likely the craftsman mower has an engine from another company like Tecumseh or Honda. I would find the serial number and model number off of the mower engine itself and talk with your local Tru-Value or other hardware stores that do repairs to order the parts. There is a good chance that the starter has a generic shaft on it that they will have it in stock. You may find an electric start option also. My mother needs that in her old age.
Gas in push mower oil tank
Craftman Lawn Mower Start up Problem
Riding mower won't start
NEEDED Manual for a Craftsman 536-82564 snowblower
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight