powerwashing...how much to charge
If you are starting out why don't you try a cost plus approach until you find what would be a good profit margin.
For example perhaps 25/hr in your area is not too high, make out a contract that states you'll be paid your hourly rate plus any materials you supply. Make sure to put in there that you are not resposible for existing conditions! Say if you're cleaning siding & hit a rotten board, it's best to have it in writing that you can't be held liable for replacing that board.
Once you get the feel of how long it will take for various projects you'll be able to get that down to a sq ft cost you'll be able to quote & use.
Another idea is to call around with say a 10x10 deck and ask what the others in your area would charge to clean it for restaining?
Is it worth it to spend more for a water softener?
Bidding a clean up job
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs