powerwashing...how much to charge
If you are starting out why don't you try a cost plus approach until you find what would be a good profit margin.
For example perhaps 25/hr in your area is not too high, make out a contract that states you'll be paid your hourly rate plus any materials you supply. Make sure to put in there that you are not resposible for existing conditions! Say if you're cleaning siding & hit a rotten board, it's best to have it in writing that you can't be held liable for replacing that board.
Once you get the feel of how long it will take for various projects you'll be able to get that down to a sq ft cost you'll be able to quote & use.
Another idea is to call around with say a 10x10 deck and ask what the others in your area would charge to clean it for restaining?
Is it worth it to spend more for a water softener?
Bidding a clean up job
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps