The run-off from our roof at the rear of our house falls on our patio concrete slab. Therefore, over the years (35 year old house) the slab has turned black. How can I remove the black (mold?) and restore the slab to it's original appearance?
The black discoloration is algae that has grown in the wet season and dries black. It is easiliy removed with a pressure washer. I recommend you consider purchasing an electric power washer at $130 or a more powerful gasoline powered washer at about $300. You can rent a commercial powerwasher for $65/day. The cleaning can be done is less than 1-hour with a pressure washer using no chemicals and requiring no scrubbing. It will deep-clean the concrete and restore the original texture and color.
Power washer is a very useful tool for cleaning around the house. Other than that you can try clorex bleach(for laundy) to remove the black algae stuff off the gutter pipes and roof over hung. I poured it in a paint tray and applied on the surface with a 3" brush. Then wipe off with a old damp cloth. Doing every 2' at a time.
Hope this helps.
Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Beautiful Clutter-Busting Closets
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- 7 Powerful Cleaners in Your Pantry
- 10 DIY Ways to Dress Up Your House for Fall
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 26 Easy Painted Halloween Pumpkins
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs