I recently used a semitransparent stain on my deck. In the past when I've done this the stain will come off in areas after a short time due to foot traffic, etc. Can I place a sealer over the staing to avoid this? Is there anything else I can do?
Since you have stain already on.I would use Behr paint remover or comparative recommended by a paint store,to get as much of the old stain out of the boards.I would suggest using a Sikkens deck product.Its a 2 part system of stain and sealer.Many people who have log homes use it.I have it on mine,looks great and holds up well.
Identifying and Treating Deck: Mahogany/Ipe?
Too Much Deck Stain
stripping and staining deck
wood deck with solid stain-gets too dirty-what to co...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love