I recently used a semitransparent stain on my deck. In the past when I've done this the stain will come off in areas after a short time due to foot traffic, etc. Can I place a sealer over the staing to avoid this? Is there anything else I can do?
Since you have stain already on.I would use Behr paint remover or comparative recommended by a paint store,to get as much of the old stain out of the boards.I would suggest using a Sikkens deck product.Its a 2 part system of stain and sealer.Many people who have log homes use it.I have it on mine,looks great and holds up well.
Identifying and Treating Deck: Mahogany/Ipe?
Too Much Deck Stain
stripping and staining deck
wood deck with solid stain-gets too dirty-what to co...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects