I recently used a semitransparent stain on my deck. In the past when I've done this the stain will come off in areas after a short time due to foot traffic, etc. Can I place a sealer over the staing to avoid this? Is there anything else I can do?
Since you have stain already on.I would use Behr paint remover or comparative recommended by a paint store,to get as much of the old stain out of the boards.I would suggest using a Sikkens deck product.Its a 2 part system of stain and sealer.Many people who have log homes use it.I have it on mine,looks great and holds up well.
Identifying and Treating Deck: Mahogany/Ipe?
Too Much Deck Stain
stripping and staining deck
wood deck with solid stain-gets too dirty-what to co...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight