I recently used a semitransparent stain on my deck. In the past when I've done this the stain will come off in areas after a short time due to foot traffic, etc. Can I place a sealer over the staing to avoid this? Is there anything else I can do?
Since you have stain already on.I would use Behr paint remover or comparative recommended by a paint store,to get as much of the old stain out of the boards.I would suggest using a Sikkens deck product.Its a 2 part system of stain and sealer.Many people who have log homes use it.I have it on mine,looks great and holds up well.
Identifying and Treating Deck: Mahogany/Ipe?
Too Much Deck Stain
stripping and staining deck
wood deck with solid stain-gets too dirty-what to co...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers