My daughter wants to put her mattress and boxspring on the floor in her room. I would like to build a wood frame low to the floor to set it on. If anyone knows how to make a bed frame the advice would be appreciated. It is a full size bed.
I just made a frame for my granddaughter’s full sized bed. I went and purchased 2 boards 10" wide by the length of the bed, and 2 boards 10" wide by the width of the bed. I crisscrossed the corners of a short board and a long board by drilling a hole first about 8 inches from the end of the board and approx. 5 inches in, across the 10" part of the board. Then I took a jig saw and cut from the hole I drilled to the edge of the board. I did the same on the other board. These were actually just less than 5 inches, and then I just crisscrossed the boards. I did the same on each corner so to make a frame that goes under the bed. Kind of looks like a tic tac toe board under the bed. Then just set the matrices on the frame. Hope you can understand this and hope it helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes