My daughter wants to put her mattress and boxspring on the floor in her room. I would like to build a wood frame low to the floor to set it on. If anyone knows how to make a bed frame the advice would be appreciated. It is a full size bed.
I just made a frame for my granddaughter’s full sized bed. I went and purchased 2 boards 10" wide by the length of the bed, and 2 boards 10" wide by the width of the bed. I crisscrossed the corners of a short board and a long board by drilling a hole first about 8 inches from the end of the board and approx. 5 inches in, across the 10" part of the board. Then I took a jig saw and cut from the hole I drilled to the edge of the board. I did the same on the other board. These were actually just less than 5 inches, and then I just crisscrossed the boards. I did the same on each corner so to make a frame that goes under the bed. Kind of looks like a tic tac toe board under the bed. Then just set the matrices on the frame. Hope you can understand this and hope it helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!