My daughter wants to put her mattress and boxspring on the floor in her room. I would like to build a wood frame low to the floor to set it on. If anyone knows how to make a bed frame the advice would be appreciated. It is a full size bed.
I just made a frame for my granddaughter’s full sized bed. I went and purchased 2 boards 10" wide by the length of the bed, and 2 boards 10" wide by the width of the bed. I crisscrossed the corners of a short board and a long board by drilling a hole first about 8 inches from the end of the board and approx. 5 inches in, across the 10" part of the board. Then I took a jig saw and cut from the hole I drilled to the edge of the board. I did the same on the other board. These were actually just less than 5 inches, and then I just crisscrossed the boards. I did the same on each corner so to make a frame that goes under the bed. Kind of looks like a tic tac toe board under the bed. Then just set the matrices on the frame. Hope you can understand this and hope it helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight