QUESTION: January 22, 2005:
Current patio condition:
We own a cement patio that show several stress cracks extending across the width and length. The patio is approximately 10x15 feet. The age of the patio is 40 years and adjacent to our very modest home.
What is the most cost efficient approach to repair the stress cracks without removing all the cement and starting completely from scratch?
We wish to resurface perhaps with stone.
Look at epoxy/stone resurfacing. The cracks can be addressed by stitching them and then epoxy/stone can be applied over the top for a beautiful organic look. I would recommend a reputable company that uses high quality epoxies like GoldenLook Int. or Futura. Lesser quality epoxies just won't last. Email me with any questions, [email protected]
Epoxy stone is designed specifically to hide ugly concrete. Any cement overlay will eventually crack if the ground and the cement move underneath it. Epoxy stone is the only overlay that it truly repairable. It is generally applied at 3/8" thick and can be done over vertical surfaces. The only maintenance is periodic (3-6 years) resealing, which is as simple as mixing the epoxy and applying it with a paint roller. Beware of any overlay companies claiming their surface does not need resealing. All overlays (including stamped/stained), with the exception of Kool Deck require resealing. Any questions please email me. I can put you in contact with an installer in your area.
I want to repair uneven patio sections and then cover with epoxy brick colored to match a brick adjacent patio. Are there dealers in Mesa, AZ?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love