I have a floor that is cement that I have grinded down to as smooth a surface as possible. What I would like to do now is stain it and polish it that that it needs no care beside the normal washing from time to time.
Here are my questions:
1. Can I use just normal wood stain since the floor is not sealed and all I really want is a nice faded look to the concrete (fyi – the floor is away from the weather). Or should I be using something else?
2. Can I than after staining it polish it using a floor polisher with sandpaper of different grades?
3. Or should I just use something like polyurethane or the like to add a shine?
Thanks in advance for any advice,
There are stains designed for concrete. I strongly suggest you do NOT use wood stain on your cement floor. The floor should be sealed with a high quality urethane or an epoxy only if you want a high-gloss look. You can seal stained cement with cement sealer designed for such an application. Email me with any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org
How do you remove Pet Odor/Stains from Cement floor?
Dirt floor basement
Acetate tile bonded with asphalt on cement floor
leveling a painted cement floor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs