Okay. I need some help....I have a backyard patio directly off of my slab foundation ranch...the patio has extensive cracks throughout.....i'd like to build a flat deck over the patio using it as the foundation with several posts where the grass begins. I'm not sure how to start and if anyone has any ideas that would be great. Thanks.
You might try using a product call Dek-Block. I used them to build my floating pool deck. They are easy to use. If you use them, place them on your patio and grass as well. Do not just use them on the patio alone. Because if you use them in conjunction with post than part of the deck that are on the Dek-Block will rise 1/2 inch with ground heave and the part connected to the post will not. You also do not attach the deck to the house. The deck is supposed to float. You can see photos here at http://decks.hemmingsjones.com/photos.html there you can view photos of the construction of the floating deck, and how the blocks are used.
Okay...now i dont' want the deck to more than 1 foot above the patio. Do they sell dekbloks which are shorter than the ones you used.?
Dryer vent in the way of deck
How far I can cantilever a 2x12 girder from the post?
60 year old porch
Endura Board composite decking
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!