Okay. I need some help....I have a backyard patio directly off of my slab foundation ranch...the patio has extensive cracks throughout.....i'd like to build a flat deck over the patio using it as the foundation with several posts where the grass begins. I'm not sure how to start and if anyone has any ideas that would be great. Thanks.
You might try using a product call Dek-Block. I used them to build my floating pool deck. They are easy to use. If you use them, place them on your patio and grass as well. Do not just use them on the patio alone. Because if you use them in conjunction with post than part of the deck that are on the Dek-Block will rise 1/2 inch with ground heave and the part connected to the post will not. You also do not attach the deck to the house. The deck is supposed to float. You can see photos here at http://decks.hemmingsjones.com/photos.html there you can view photos of the construction of the floating deck, and how the blocks are used.
Okay...now i dont' want the deck to more than 1 foot above the patio. Do they sell dekbloks which are shorter than the ones you used.?
How far I can cantilever a 2x12 girder from the post?
Dryer vent in the way of deck
Endura Board composite decking
60 year old porch
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects