Okay. I need some help....I have a backyard patio directly off of my slab foundation ranch...the patio has extensive cracks throughout.....i'd like to build a flat deck over the patio using it as the foundation with several posts where the grass begins. I'm not sure how to start and if anyone has any ideas that would be great. Thanks.
You might try using a product call Dek-Block. I used them to build my floating pool deck. They are easy to use. If you use them, place them on your patio and grass as well. Do not just use them on the patio alone. Because if you use them in conjunction with post than part of the deck that are on the Dek-Block will rise 1/2 inch with ground heave and the part connected to the post will not. You also do not attach the deck to the house. The deck is supposed to float. You can see photos here at http://decks.hemmingsjones.com/photos.html there you can view photos of the construction of the floating deck, and how the blocks are used.
Okay...now i dont' want the deck to more than 1 foot above the patio. Do they sell dekbloks which are shorter than the ones you used.?
Dryer vent in the way of deck
How far I can cantilever a 2x12 girder from the post?
60 year old porch
Endura Board composite decking
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes