Okay. I need some help....I have a backyard patio directly off of my slab foundation ranch...the patio has extensive cracks throughout.....i'd like to build a flat deck over the patio using it as the foundation with several posts where the grass begins. I'm not sure how to start and if anyone has any ideas that would be great. Thanks.
You might try using a product call Dek-Block. I used them to build my floating pool deck. They are easy to use. If you use them, place them on your patio and grass as well. Do not just use them on the patio alone. Because if you use them in conjunction with post than part of the deck that are on the Dek-Block will rise 1/2 inch with ground heave and the part connected to the post will not. You also do not attach the deck to the house. The deck is supposed to float. You can see photos here at http://decks.hemmingsjones.com/photos.html there you can view photos of the construction of the floating deck, and how the blocks are used.
Okay...now i dont' want the deck to more than 1 foot above the patio. Do they sell dekbloks which are shorter than the ones you used.?
Dryer vent in the way of deck
How far I can cantilever a 2x12 girder from the post?
60 year old porch
Endura Board composite decking
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love