Neighbours bought the lot below us and built a huge sloped roof house that juts up in front of our wrap around deck and has completely obstructed the view. All we can see is the angled roof in front and worse, the house is only 5ft away from our deck as they built super close to the house.
I am trying to figure out how to fix the problem. The wrap around deck also houses the main entrance to the house, with a staircase leading up to it. I am looking for design ideas for blocking the obstructed view.
Am also considering viability of changing landscaping so that the side of the house becomes the focal point and give it a deck and change so the view is good from the side since it no longer is good from the front of the house.
Thanks for any help!!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers