Neighbours bought the lot below us and built a huge sloped roof house that juts up in front of our wrap around deck and has completely obstructed the view. All we can see is the angled roof in front and worse, the house is only 5ft away from our deck as they built super close to the house.
I am trying to figure out how to fix the problem. The wrap around deck also houses the main entrance to the house, with a staircase leading up to it. I am looking for design ideas for blocking the obstructed view.
Am also considering viability of changing landscaping so that the side of the house becomes the focal point and give it a deck and change so the view is good from the side since it no longer is good from the front of the house.
Thanks for any help!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!