Neighbours bought the lot below us and built a huge sloped roof house that juts up in front of our wrap around deck and has completely obstructed the view. All we can see is the angled roof in front and worse, the house is only 5ft away from our deck as they built super close to the house.
I am trying to figure out how to fix the problem. The wrap around deck also houses the main entrance to the house, with a staircase leading up to it. I am looking for design ideas for blocking the obstructed view.
Am also considering viability of changing landscaping so that the side of the house becomes the focal point and give it a deck and change so the view is good from the side since it no longer is good from the front of the house.
Thanks for any help!!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight