Has anyone used scraps of composite or treated lumber to assemble a patio?
Rather than put the leftovers from our deck in a landfill, I would like to use them to make a patio under the deck. My plan is to lay them in sand like pavers. If it would be too ugly or unworkable, I’m willing to give up the idea. We have leftovers of various sizes: 5 foot lengths of 6x6 posts that could be edging, four 12 foot stair risers from our contractor’s mistakes, long lengths, as well as smaller rectangles and triangles from both treated lumber and ChoiceDek composite.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!