Our 85 year old brick house has a 8' x 10' porch that is 2 feet off of the ground in the back of the house (the porch was an addition). It is 2 layers of cinder block on the base and aabout 3inches of a concrete slab layered by flagstones on top.
Question: Do you think it is cinder block all the way through, or just a square of cinder blocks and a hollow middle????
I want to build a deck over it and was goinng to break up the 3 inch slab to allow for the decking and supports, but I'm wondering if I'm going to be dealing with ALL cinder block once I break up the top slab or have to work with cinder block and a section that is dirt in the center???/
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!