Hi, we have a wood deck which sits some 4 odd feet off the ground from the back of the living room. The ground under it is sadly uneven and bare/weedy. I want to get it smoothed out and then made better looking in part because it is ugly and in part because the uneven nature is causing too much water to be retained near the house.
What is commonly done under decks? I would like to place something down to prevent critters from digging (rural area, as we have field mice), so was thinking of landscape fabric, grave, and nice stone. Lotsa sites on making decks, but not alot on increasing the aestetics under it.....
I do plan to add some skiting on the side, but I do not want it to be a field mouse haven....
pave patio with bay window/door
Above ground pool liner replacement - need advice pl...
screened porch under deck
Insulation on ground under open deck?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!