Hi, we have a wood deck which sits some 4 odd feet off the ground from the back of the living room. The ground under it is sadly uneven and bare/weedy. I want to get it smoothed out and then made better looking in part because it is ugly and in part because the uneven nature is causing too much water to be retained near the house.
What is commonly done under decks? I would like to place something down to prevent critters from digging (rural area, as we have field mice), so was thinking of landscape fabric, grave, and nice stone. Lotsa sites on making decks, but not alot on increasing the aestetics under it.....
I do plan to add some skiting on the side, but I do not want it to be a field mouse haven....
pave patio with bay window/door
Above ground pool liner replacement - need advice pl...
screened porch under deck
Insulation on ground under open deck?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes