Hi, we have a wood deck which sits some 4 odd feet off the ground from the back of the living room. The ground under it is sadly uneven and bare/weedy. I want to get it smoothed out and then made better looking in part because it is ugly and in part because the uneven nature is causing too much water to be retained near the house.
What is commonly done under decks? I would like to place something down to prevent critters from digging (rural area, as we have field mice), so was thinking of landscape fabric, grave, and nice stone. Lotsa sites on making decks, but not alot on increasing the aestetics under it.....
I do plan to add some skiting on the side, but I do not want it to be a field mouse haven....
pave patio with bay window/door
Above ground pool liner replacement - need advice pl...
screened porch under deck
Insulation on ground under open deck?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!