I have a small cabin that has half of it supported by treated 6x6 posts. The posts are under the soil by about 2 feet. They are rated for soil contact but when I replaced 1 post that was split it seems that what was underground was looking a little extra worn.I was thinking of digging out the posts and forming them inside concrete to above grade. Is this a good thing to do in regards to putting concrete around wood. I heard it can rot it out also. If not any suggestions?
Fence Permit Woes!
Our Fence Posts Rotted, But Our Fence Boards Are Sti...
Rotten 6x6 post in Concrete
Deck Post and post footer
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!