We have a 8'x 8' flagstone patio about 3' off the ground from a sliding door in the back of our house. I want to put a composite or treated wood deck over this that is 14' x 15'. I thought if I took the flagstone off, I could level the concrete under the flagstone as best possible and then build on top of it. Any suggestions how I could fasten to the concrete?? I can run joists and posts around the patio, but I don't have enough room between the bottom of the door and concrete base to drill treated 2x4's into the concrete and then put decking into that over the patio. Thoughts??
ALSO, I'm concerned about water run off from the new deck over top of the patio. It is level and the wood would be sitting only 1-2'' off the patio. Thoughts???
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!