I'm new to this site, but thought I could get an answer here about patios. I'm pretty sure we want to go with "patio stones" for look as well as low maintenance. My question is: If properly done, can I sit a full size hot tub on it after completion without any problems? Our neighboor says it will be much to heavy and the tub will start to sink shortly. We really do not want to build a wooden deck.....but having a hot tub is our driving force. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.
Myself, I would pour a cement foundation to set the hot tub on. If it won't be seen, no point in spending extra money on pebbles. Your hot tub manufacturer should have specs on locations suitible for installation. Pebbles do not seem very sturdy.
Laying a brick patio
Building a patio area starting on an unlevel grade
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight