The 20' x 20' deck (see photo) in my new home is in good shape (treated, not cedar). The semi-transparent brown-ish stain is coming up on the floor. The previous owners appear to have partially (didn't finish) stained or painted the railings and spindles an off-white color. I'm guessing I should pressure wash the deck floor, consider the railing and spindle paint or stain as "primer," and restain the entire thing a solid color to match my house. I would appreciate advice as to how to do this and stain recommendations. A deck company quoted me $100 to pressure wash and $400 to restain. Thanks.
Identifying and Treating Deck: Mahogany/Ipe?
Craftsman Proper Paint Color
Exterior Brick Re-Facing
What would be best to stain or paint over a dark stain?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!