The 20' x 20' deck (see photo) in my new home is in good shape (treated, not cedar). The semi-transparent brown-ish stain is coming up on the floor. The previous owners appear to have partially (didn't finish) stained or painted the railings and spindles an off-white color. I'm guessing I should pressure wash the deck floor, consider the railing and spindle paint or stain as "primer," and restain the entire thing a solid color to match my house. I would appreciate advice as to how to do this and stain recommendations. A deck company quoted me $100 to pressure wash and $400 to restain. Thanks.
Identifying and Treating Deck: Mahogany/Ipe?
Craftsman Proper Paint Color
Exterior Brick Re-Facing
What would be best to stain or paint over a dark stain?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes