I have a home out in the country. I'd like to put a floating/platform deck butted up against the house. I have log siding so i'd like to float it rather than cut into the siding to make a header. I wondered if because this is right up against the house i can't use those concrete footers to float my deck on. instead of setting footers. I'd like to avoid drilling into the ground underneath, because that is where my septic pipe is located. I know i need to contact the building codes place, but i live outside of city limits, and wonder if i really need a permit.
thanks for any advice you can give.
KC from colorado
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!