Mold on OSB
If you have more than a square foot of mold growth you should seek professional advice on how to perform the clean-up.
• The source of the water problem must first be corrected. All roof or plumbing leaks/flooding must be fixed.
• All moldy surfaces should be cleaned with a household bleach (like Clorox) and water mix = 1 cup of bleach mixed in 1 gallon of water. You can add a little dish soap to the bleach water to cut dirt and oil on the wall that can hold mold. With good ventilation, apply the bleach water mix to the surface with a sponge, let it sit for 15 minutes, then thoroughly dry the surface. Be sure to wear a dust mask, rubber gloves and open lots of windows when cleaning with bleach water.
• If the area cannot be cleaned (like some wet broken ceiling tiles), is too damaged, or is disposable (like cardboard boxes) discard them and replace with new ones.
• It may be necessary to do more clean up in the home (carpets, crawl spaces) if you have a bad mold problem.
Call your city or county health department if you have questions or need assistance.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Laundry Rooms We Love
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Facade
- DIY Doormats: Step Up the Style of Your Entryway
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 14 Ways to Make Good Use of Your Old Stuff
- 10 Brilliant Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 10 Beautiful Homes in the Middle of Nowhere
- 10 Easy Hacks for Better Kitchen Storage
- 11 Top Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes