I am not surprised by the number of complaints about this product. We experimented with this relatively new product and it has been a disaster.
This decking cannot be kept clean.
I have tried the Corte Clean product. It barely affects the spots on the deck.
I have used a power washer and it is very easy to adversely affect the Timber Tech surface. Power washing does little to clean our deck. A deck that gets a substantial amount of sun.
This company should not be making decking if this is the best they can do.
We wished we had used treated wood. It would have looked better and wouldn't have the constant maintenance this product demands. And even with the the maintenance the deck doesn't clean up.
Timber tech / Trex
mold and mildew on brick courtyard
Timber Tech Problems, swelling, mildew,discoloration
XLM turning white
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!