I am not surprised by the number of complaints about this product. We experimented with this relatively new product and it has been a disaster.
This decking cannot be kept clean.
I have tried the Corte Clean product. It barely affects the spots on the deck.
I have used a power washer and it is very easy to adversely affect the Timber Tech surface. Power washing does little to clean our deck. A deck that gets a substantial amount of sun.
This company should not be making decking if this is the best they can do.
We wished we had used treated wood. It would have looked better and wouldn't have the constant maintenance this product demands. And even with the the maintenance the deck doesn't clean up.
Timber tech / Trex
mold and mildew on brick courtyard
Timber Tech Problems, swelling, mildew,discoloration
XLM turning white
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!