Hi all. I want to close up the bottom of my patio cover with drywall,
but I am not sure if the extra weight will cause problems. It doesn't look
like the beams are thick enough to begin with. I want to add some support
to the beams without replacing them or adding extra support posts. Is this
possible? What are my options? Here is all of the info I can gather about
my patio cover.
2-(4x6) beams that span 11'4" between 3-(4x6) support posts.
(2x6) rafters that span 11'7" w/ 1' overhang, 24" o.c.
Roof pitch = 1/12
Roofing is 2 ply peel-n-stick mod-bit under 5/8" plywood.
Located in Southern Nevada.
Thank you for any information you can give me.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!