Hi all. I want to close up the bottom of my patio cover with drywall,
but I am not sure if the extra weight will cause problems. It doesn't look
like the beams are thick enough to begin with. I want to add some support
to the beams without replacing them or adding extra support posts. Is this
possible? What are my options? Here is all of the info I can gather about
my patio cover.
2-(4x6) beams that span 11'4" between 3-(4x6) support posts.
(2x6) rafters that span 11'7" w/ 1' overhang, 24" o.c.
Roof pitch = 1/12
Roofing is 2 ply peel-n-stick mod-bit under 5/8" plywood.
Located in Southern Nevada.
Thank you for any information you can give me.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects