Hi all. I want to close up the bottom of my patio cover with drywall,
but I am not sure if the extra weight will cause problems. It doesn't look
like the beams are thick enough to begin with. I want to add some support
to the beams without replacing them or adding extra support posts. Is this
possible? What are my options? Here is all of the info I can gather about
my patio cover.
2-(4x6) beams that span 11'4" between 3-(4x6) support posts.
(2x6) rafters that span 11'7" w/ 1' overhang, 24" o.c.
Roof pitch = 1/12
Roofing is 2 ply peel-n-stick mod-bit under 5/8" plywood.
Located in Southern Nevada.
Thank you for any information you can give me.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love