Wow... looking like I'm no the only one dealing with this. I have 685 ft. of Trex Winchester Grey decking on three decks that were built in 2005. About half of the decking on our back deck and the stairs are flaking so we submitted a claim to Trex which included pictures and original receipts thanks to Milwaukie Lumber for finding and supplying me with receipts . They sent a response in lest then two weeks and I'm no even sure they had someone inspect. The response says they will ship out a full replacement for the entire lot that I purchased and provide m with a check for $254 for labor.
My question is has anyone had any luck getting them to do a refund for the product vs. sending me out more junk? Also, $254 for labor is a joke and I really don't want to spend the money on labor just to have issues again in the near future.
feel free to contact me directly if you have any info that could help. athomeval (at) comcast.net
Has Trex really corrected thier decking problems?? I'm in the process of building a new deck and after going to a lumber yard; they said, I would be better off buying a 100% PVC product. if I don't go with wood. Thanks Frank
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight